Search This Blog

Monday, August 1, 2011

Confessions of a Scavenger

The past three years I have jumped at any and every opportunity to gather and consume ideas and resources, but I have done little in terms of sharing what I have collected and created.  I have found and used some amazing ideas and resources and I've decided it is time to share.  I intend to use this blog to highlight websites, articles, books, blogs, and anything else that I find useful and interesting.

I just returned from the NCTM's Reasoning and Sense Making Institute in Orlando.  The past week was invaluable for a number of reasons with one of them being the explicit focus on reasoning in the classroom.  As teachers we often get caught up in the task that teaches the concept and neglect to focus on the process of obtaining a solution.  A focus on reasoning will help my students make connections and be able to translate what they learn inside the classroom to problems outside of the classroom.

Tip #1:  Join NCTM and attend their conferences and institutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment